Call our No Win, No Fee personal injury team on
01924 588 168

If you have suffered an injury in a public place as a result of an accident that was not your fault then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim against the responsible party. The responsible party is the person or organisation that was the occupier of the place where the accident happened. This could be a supermarket in which a customer slips on some liquid or a local authority who fails to correct uneven paving resulting in a trip or fall.

If you have been injured in public then you should speak to one of our personal injury solicitors** Wakefield who will help you to make a compensation claim on a no win no fee* basis, which means that making a claim is essentially free as even if you win your legal fees will be paid for by the responsible party.

Slips, Trips and Falls Compensation Claims

There are numerous types of injury that you may suffer as a result of a slip, trip or fall. Some of the injuries that we can help you claim compensation for include:

accident claims wakefieldThe amount of compensation you can claim will depend on the seriousness of the injury, obviously the more serious the injury the larger the compensation award. In most cases, once liability has been established our personal injury solicitors** Wakefield will negotiate a settlement on your behalf which will take into account government guidelines and the amounts awarded in previously decided cases. In order to make a successful compensation claim you will first need to establish liability. This can be done by taking photographs of the scene where the accident occurred, noting down the details of any witnesses and seeking immediate medical attention. In some cases establishing liability might be made easier if accidents or near misses have occurred previously in the same place and records of them have been logged.

A successful injury in public compensation claim should be made within three years of the date of the accident that resulted in the injury. In the case of a child the claim must be made within three years of his or her 18th birthday (i.e. before they turn 21). Any claim made outside this time period will become statute barred. This means it will not be accepted without special permission from the court which will only be granted in very limited circumstances.

Injuries in Public - Slips, Trips and Falls solicitors** Wakefield

Call us on 01924588168  If you would like to contact us online please complete our enquiry form here.

Other related personal injury claims that we can help you with include:


*Other costs may be payable

**Personal Injury Claims Wakefield have a team of technical claims qualifiers who will speak with you and if you have, in our opinion, a valid claim we can refer your case to one of the personal injury solicitors on our panel.


Contact our Specialist Injury Claim solicitors** Wakefield

Let our lawyers take the strain on your behalf. We are here to help.

Call us on 01924 588 168 Our phone lines are open 24/7

Contact our Specialist Injury Claim Solicitors Wakefield
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Please tick the box below.

Invalid Input

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information